This product is subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State in accordance with the International Traffic in Arms regulations (ITAR) (22CFR 120 through 130). A license or other approval is required to the ITAR prior to any Export or Temporary Import. Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
Armasight is excited to introduce its latest and most technologically advanced family of Predator Thermal Imaging weapon sights to the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets. The Predator product line is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core. Each model of the line has optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art technology for a variety of uses and mission applications ranging from the seriously committed hunter to the military designated marksman. While primarily designed as a weapon scope, the Predator functions equally well in its collateral assignments as a magnified spotting scope or handheld thermal imager.
The Predator is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified dedicated weapon scope intended for day and night engagements without the need to remove the sight from the rifle. The 24/7 mission capability is just one of its many strengths. Thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. Unlike the use of laser targeting or near-infrared illumination to augment Night Vision equipment, the Predator thermal imaging weapon sight is extremely difficult to detect with other devices, as it emits no visible light or RF energy.
In addition to being the smallest and lightest in their class, Predator thermal imaging weapon sights are characterized by their simple and intuitive controls, functions, and features that are layered among direct button adjustments, direct combination button functions, and electronic menu selections. This “layering” of easy-to-understand control functions provides the operator with a framework for customizing his preferences and exploiting the robust variety of setting options available in the Predator. The Predator has a series of selectable color modes based on a rich, upgradeable software package. A wireless remote switch is included to activate the Predator thermal imaging weapon sight when positioned in the “standby” mode. The Predator has the ability to record videos with optional Digital Video Recorder and is also equipped with a video-out capability in operator selectable NTSC or PAL formats. The Predator uses the same multipin connector to provide video-in imagery, where there is a need for map or rangefinder display overlays, and external power access.
Predator weapon installation is easy, repeatable, and reliable based on a unique and highly user-friendly MIL-STD-1913/ Weaver/ Picatinny rail-compatible, quick-release locking mechanism. The solid state technology and software algorithms, combined with a complementary color reticle platform, ensures maximum reticle contrast, highlevel target accuracy, and boresight retention that cannot be achieved with mechanical boresight adjusters and traditional ballistic drums. This level of accuracy is translated into the electronic zoom (e-zoom) function of the Predator thermal imaging weapon sights, which can be progressively increased from 1x to 2x and 4x, without changing the pointof- aim to point of-impact relationship of the targeting reticle.
The Predator thermal imaging weapon sight represents one of the most sophisticated sighting devices available in today’s market to hunters, SWAT teams, and military personnel, due to its superior price-to-performance value.
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Predator models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Predator models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- The lightest and most compact scope in its class
- Optical Magnification 1.6x
- The latest Tau 2 17-micron uncooled FLIR core technology
- Pixel Array Format: 336×256
- Display Type: LED VGA 640x480
- Easy and Intuitive Drop-down user interface
- Fast 30Hz or 60Hz imaging
- Digital E-Zoom: 1x, 2x, and 4x
- Imaging Filter Algorithms:
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
- Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color Modes
- 6 onboard digitally controlled reticle patterns available: “Dot 4 MOA”, “Line Dot”, “Cross-Center Dot”, “Cross”, “Crosshair”, and “No Reticle”,
- Reticle Colors: Black, White, Red, Cyan
- Electronic zoom reticle tracking capability maintaining boresight
- Extended Operation Time with Optional Extended Battery Pack
- Recording: Video Output /Optional Video Recorder with onboard replay
- Wireless remote control for tactical operations
- Water and fog resistant
- CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Rapid start-up
- MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny Rail) Quick Release Mount
- Integral MIL-STD-1913 Rails on unit for optional day optics or accessories
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-year warranty on FLIR detector
- Made in the USA
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Tau 2|
|Pixel Array Format||336×256|
|Pixel Size||17 µm|
|Display Type||LED VGA|
|Pixel Display Format||640×480|
|Display Brightness||Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1x, 2x, and 4x|
|Image Palettes||White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom|
|Reticle Type||6-Pattern Digitally Controlled: Dot 4 MOA, Line Dot, Cross Center Dot, Cross, Crosshair, and “No Reticle”|
|Reticle Color||Black, White, Red, Cyan|
|Boresight Adjustment||Digitally Controlled|
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||PAL/ NTSC (640×480 pixels)|
|Video Recording||Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Automatic Gain Control (AGC)||Yes|
|User Controlled Manual Non Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC)||Yes|
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||25 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||13° x 10°|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||10 mm|
|Eye Relief||45 mm|
|Focusing Range||20m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±5 diopter|
|Windage/Elevation Boresight Increment||1,2 MOA
|Windage Adjustment Range (NTSC/ PAL)||±96MOA|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (NTSC/ PAL)||±72MOA|
|Battery||Two CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)|
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||Up to 4 (optional up to 12 hrs)|
|Extended Battery Pack||Optional Extended Battery Pack with rechargeable batteries (up to 8 hours)|
|External Power Supply||6 VDC/ 600mА|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +50°C (-40° to +122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-50° to +70°C (-58° to +158°F)|
|Recoil Resistance||700 g|
|Environmental Rating||Water and Fog-Resistant|
|Weapon Mount Type||Picatinny, MIL STD 1913, and Weaver Rails|
|Height of the Scope Axis above Rail||42 mm (1.65 in)|
|Overall Dimensions||194 × 68 × 78 mm (7.6 × 2.7 × 3.2 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||0.63 kg (1.4 lbs)|
|Warranty on FLIR detector||10 Years|
|* All data subject to change without notice.|